3D modelling and animation skills are in huge demand in many industries, such as the games industry, the animation industry, advertising, architectural and medical visualization… the list goes on and on. Incredibly, despite the rather hefty price tag for the leading commercial 3D suites, such as 3D Studio Max or Maya, for instance, there is a gorgeous, feature rich, industry grade 3D modelling and animation suite, which is completely free and open source: introducing Blender 3D.
Blender 3D can be used for literally any 3D project or task you could imagine, and has been extensively by seasoned professionals and companies all around the world. From creating a feature length animated film, to animating and rendering 30 second ad for a retail client, to modelling, texturing and animating 3D game levels and environments, you can use Blender to do it all in style — and much, much more besides…
In this comprehensive, yet fun and engaging introduction to 3D modelling, UV mapping, texturing, animating and rendering in Blender, you will learn how to:
- Work with Blenders non-standard, yet uniquely optimized and powerful interface.
- Model your own 3D meshes, using a variety of optimal modelling techniques and workflows.
- UV Map objects using Projection and Unwrapping.
- Texture 3D models, and work with materials.
- Configure scene lighting.
- Use Blenders powerful animation tools to animate objects and scenes.
- Work with ambient and atmospheric rendering effects in Blender.
- Render still images and video sequences, using the two shipped rendering engines in Blender.
- Perform basic simulations using the built in game engine.
By the end of this course, you will know how to use Blender, and how to bring you own 3D creations to live, whatever form they may take. The only limit is your imagination, so what your waiting for!? Sign up now, and start bringing your imagination to life on the computer screen with Blender!